Weather: Absolutely beautiful. 21C and no wind. Portugal as it should be.
Pool: Did our swim thing. Seems like every 3rd day.
Shopping:
This isn't very exciting. We just went for groceries in Guia at the Algarve Mall in the Continente grocery store that has 39 checkouts. No kidding. The place is bigger than Walmart.
It's a pretty neat experience for we ice shoppers from the north. Here you drive your car down a ramp to the absolutely massive parking lot underground. Then you take an elevator or escalator to the store and do your shopping which can include any other part of the mall. Then you take your grocery cart and ride down a special escalator designed for grocery carts and if you are lucky you will find your car. Assuming you have remembered your location you can wheel the cart to your car and then leave the cart down below for them to remove. Beats the hell out of Loblaws in winter or summer.
I was tired just puttin' around that behemoth store so by the time I did the obligatory 500 roundabouts between here and Guia I was bushed.
An hour later we went down for happy hour. Yesterday I had a glass of wine at HH and it hit me so hard I could barely walk home. Today I opted for a Galao (Portuguese steamed coffee) and almost ran home (I wish!). Actually there's no running on the cobble stone unless you're an athlete. I often wonder how the Romans handled it.
Off to watch CNN Europe. I'll talk about that shortly.

1 comment:
In the Roman times the cobble stones were flat. After 2000 years they must have worn out a bit, I guess.
Post a Comment