About Us

My photo
Click on picture to see our other blogs

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Relaxing Day/Dinner Out Journal 56

Weather:  Beautiful.  19C with absolutely clear blue skies and several hours of catching rays.

We didn't go anywhere Thursday.  The weather is so good that we caught up on our sun.

Dinner Out

We arranged with Jim and Denise to go to Oregano.  Since my Nissan is quite small Jim picked us up in his Cupra.  Frankly, I had never heard of a Cupra before.

They arrived at 7:20 after nightfall had set in so this car could show off.  I opened the door and was greeted by lights everywhere.  Of course it had the obligatory 'do everything except wash the dishes' display in the center of the dash.  The dash has a very cool green mood light from one side of the dash and on the doors.  When you open the door the green turns red on the door.  The ultimate in LED lighting and a very effective warning light.  

Then we set off over the cobble stones and unlike my Nissan it hardly felt them at all--very nice!  So I checked Google this morning for Cupra.  It is a long standing racing division of SEAT (c-at) the Spanish company that makes Ibiza, Aroma and a many other models that you only see in Europe.  

I was a bit surprised when we were greeted at the door by the owner Nuno Diogo.  He had done his homework and instantly called us the Canadians. I recognized him from years ago in another  restaurant he was running and he confirmed it.  That's one of the lovely aspects of spending time in Europe and being Canadian always works for you.



Everyone had lamb except me




No comments: