About Us

My photo
Click on picture to see our other blogs

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Views of the area Journal 12

Hi to myself and anyone else who is having a look.  I'm just playing with Google Earth.  I wanted to know how to copy an image from Google Earth using the clipboard.  This is the area around Carvoeiro. There is more to the east.  It illustrates just how many villas have been built in this area which roughly encompasses 2.5 square km.  Our place is where the second O is Mato Serrao is sitting.  




I have talked about the low mountains close to the coast.  They are about 5 miles away from my vantage point close to the ocean.  Notice the cable-stayed bridge in the background that crosses the Arade River Estuary.  I call it the 'praying hands bridge' because of the pointed arches that support the cables.  The bridge is 1.1 km long as it needs to clear the tide.  





No comments: