About Us

My photo
Click on picture to see our other blogs

Monday, February 19, 2024

More Hard Drinking Journal 15

Weather:  Gorgeous and 20F today

After my 'euro99' experience I was going to try a 4.99 euro wine as there are many of them here and they are good.  However, as I browsed I came across a Quinta da Pacheca which just happens to come from the winery we stayed at in 2020.  As you can see by the label it is a Douro wine and that usually implies the best.  We were at that winery for 7 days and they know how to make wine.  There is a photo of the rear label below indicating that the grapes were foot stomped in their granite lagares.  I have photos of them at home.  I remember them telling us that about 20 foot treaders had to commit to a 4 hour session without leaving the tank that is about 25' square.  Whew!

I know of two fellows by the name of Rob and Dale who would love this wine.  Maybe we can sneak a bottle in the suitcase.


Intermarche always has this display when you enter the store.  Prices vary from my Euro99 to
what you see in the picture.  The sign says "low prices every day"


You can't buy this wine in North America.  They won't even ship it to us.  They can sell everything they make in Europe.  We tasted their 2011 Port and it was better than anything we had ever tasted.
So I paid 12.99 euros for this bottle.  A review will be coming up as fast as we can drink it.


"Pacheca Superior 2021 produced from Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca and Tinta Roriz, grape varieties in traditional granite tanks with foot treading, aged in French oak barrels for 9 months"





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you were going for groceries!!!!! LS