About Us

My photo
Click on picture to see our other blogs

Sunday, January 07, 2024

New Year's Week

 Robert and family departed on Boxing Day but Mike has taken the whole week off.  He wanted a project while home so we decided to continue our previous project where we tiled the basement hallway.  This room was part of our original plan so I had purchased plenty of tile to do both the hall and the room beside it.


This is the wine cellar entrance.  We are continuing this tile into the room off the hall to the right.  Mike's doing the work as I'm not good on my knees anymore.  I'm just mixing the thinset mortar.  The room is multi-purpose but I have built in closeted storage space at one end.  

We finished by Friday and cleaned up the site but I have to do the grouting.  

Rob and family came home again on Saturday and stayed over New Year's.  Pretty quiet New Year's with the occasional yelp from Amelia.





Mike started where we left off a few years ago when I rebuilt the basement hallway.  I had laid tile 'just' into the other room that I had framed but not completed.  So Mike started at that point and tiled the whole room (8' x 12').  



No comments: