As we are growing older we are gradually selling or giving away 'stuff' along with junk that always seems to make its presence felt.
One of the larger items we have been storing in the basement is my grandparents (Lorne and Maude Hay) dining room table and chairs that are circa 1920. When my grandfather died in 1959 my dad gave the whole set to my mother's sister Hazel for their summer cottage. Twenty years later they offered it back to me. We already had my mom and dad's much older (1870) and better table, chairs and buffet so we just put Lorne's set in the basement thinking that we would use it "somehow."
So it sat there for 40 years under a pile of everything in a room where no one goes.
This week I finally decided its fate. I broke up the table and put the chairs on Marketplace. Voila--gave them away in one day. Problem solved. Marketplace is proving to be a godsend. I have sold several items including animal penning, tractor rim, etc., etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment