About Us

My photo
Click on picture to see our other blogs

Friday, July 21, 2023

July 21/23 Comments and sailing with John

 I see that I have not made any entries since June so this is just an update.  

The boat was launched six weeks ago and we have only been out a few times.  On the 8th John K. was keen to get out for a sail on our boat.  Mary didn't want to go so John and I took her out.  Wind was about 10 knots + and waves about 2 to 3 feet which is just what Ceilidh likes.  

Once we were out of the harbour John raised the main and we headed up the coast a bit before John got the genoa unfurled.  Then he start winching it in tighter than I usually do.  So we were heeled over about 15 deg. and hit at least seven knots very quickly.   

Had a great time and John was quite happy to see how the cruising Alberg 37 sailed.

I'm still fiddling with the Victron upgrades.  It's all very clear but I'm just slow.  I've got the BMV readout installed and the shunt mounted but I haven't hooked it up.  I still need to attach the communication cable from the shunt to the display.    I haven't changed the solar controller either.  Shame on me!


No comments: