About Us

My photo
Click on picture to see our other blogs

Thursday, February 22, 2024

More Swimming Journal 18

Weather:  Thin cloud this morning.  Temperature about 64F or 17C; Humidity 75%; Wind: 23 kph

Very cool this afternoon.  Tonight we have the heat on in our unit.

We have been getting up around 7:30 each morning and we are now into 'pool' mode.  This morning I was going to do some working out in the gym but there was some kind of class going on with several people.  So I skipped it and went straight to the pool.  No one in the pool so we had the place all to ourselves.


They keep the pool about 80F so it is very comfortable.  Once you get out of the water the air temperature is cool so it's great getting back in again.  They have two hot tubs at the entry end and three sauna's for those nordic types.  Eventually a young couple arrived with their 3 year old who was not all that anxious to get wet.  However, they persisted and she had a good time.


We are going to Smiler's Bar this afternoon.  They have a Canadian get together every Thursday at 3pm.  We didn't go at all last year.  Sometimes you meet someone you get on with.

6 pm    When we got to Smiler's the place was jammed.  However we found a spot with a couple from Bedford, N.S. who turned out to be really nice people.  This is Margaret and Andy's fourth trip here and they are staying in a unit in Alvor.  The bar always does a quiz for we Canadians and just for fun we did it together.  We spent an hour and half talking so it was a nice afternoon.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooooo that does look good! I like it when I have the pool all to myself. I’ve never tried a sauna but bring it on - and I’d probably last in all that humidity for 5 minutes. Rain is in our forecast today so that’s the closest we’ll get to a luxurious swim today. Temps are higher (10C yesterday). LS