About Us

My photo
Click on picture to see our other blogs

Saturday, February 17, 2024

GPS Co-ordinates Journal 10

Weather:  17 deg. but quite cloudy with wind.  

Just for fun I checked Google Earth and got the co-ordinates for Monte Santo.  They are:

37 deg. 66 min.  24 sec north   by   8 deg  28 min. 29 sec west.

Using G.E. tools I measured the distance from the ocean which is 1397 metres.  

According to Google Earth's measuring tool we are 725 miles south of Goderich.  That doesn't jive with anything I have figured out in the past.  A degree of latitude is accepted as 69 statute miles.   Given that Goderich is 43* 44' N and we are 37* 06' N then we are 6.38 x 69 = 440.22 miles south of Goderich.




 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have too much time in your hands - you must be on holiday. LS