Weather: Sunny today with partial cloud 16C
The weather is turning warmer. I was sitting on the balcony reading and you could fry eggs on my shirt. Although the air won't get too hot today the sun feels very tropical.
Lunch by Mary
I haven't got much to talk about so we'll just go with lunch of olives, Portuguese pao and presunto, english cheese and chips. Must be little Britain here.
![]() |
| Couvert style lunch plus drink and dessert |
We have made a reservation for tonight at 7pm at O'Barradas restaurant which is out in the country near Silves. Barradas is a vineyard (Touriga National and Syrah grapes) and restaurant. I don't believe they make any wine on site but we'll see.
Hopefully we will find it and my brain doesn't dissolve in the darkness. I'll make a note of our experience later.
Had a wonderful experience at O'Barradas last night. The food was magnificent. I had a 290 gram filet and Mary had lamb. Owner came over and described where he gets his meat. I'm sure I could cut my filet with a dull table knife. After dinner we met him again in the garden and talked about various subjects. They do process their grapes on site but don't bottle. Expensive but worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment