Weather: Gorgeous day but only 7c at 8am. Should warm up but the next week may be cool
I think today will be a resting day. Time to do some more reading.
Lunch Wagon
We were down at Marinha Beach a few times in the last week and this fellow had his food truck there and given the number of people he was doing a fantastic business.
I love the old truck. It is a French Citroen (Crêperie Nicolas 1965 Citroen H Van) which some of we oldies may remember from decades ago as having a car with a long slanted back or the little 2CV two seater that looked like a bug made out of a juice can.
The Creperie description comes from the French 'crepe' or thin pastry which would have been the choice of the French back when this vehicle was made. From his sign he appears to have many fattening treats. I think the license is an original or reproduction. Vehicles don't rust here but they do fade so I suspect the truck has been restored and a new facsimile license plate applied. It's not like a standard European plate of which most are yellow or white and have the country's first letter(s) on the left before the number. So Portugal is P 24339 0 or Holland is NL 44554 0. I put the 0 there in place of a circle of stars that appears on the right side of every Euro country's plate. You get the idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment