About Us

My photo
Click on picture to see our other blogs

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 2013 and the Modern World

Life has been quiet with the new year.  Rob is back at work in Toronto and Mike is with his North Sea team in Aberdeen for a week.  He sent the following e-mails over the course of five days starting Friday:

"Interesting that it is 10 degrees C in Calgary yet I have to delay my flight to the U.K. by a day because of a snowstorm there!" Mjh


"Hey momdad, I missed your call this morning but you didn't miss much. I have a nasty sore throat and can barely talk ( in the lounge right now in the airport waiting to fly to Frankfurt and connect to Aberdeen). Should be there late Sunday. I'll try to ring you then (perhaps just after lunch your time). Love you both!" Mjh


"Stuck in Frankfurt, flight canceled, freezing rain, airport closed for the moment... We are booked into the airport Sheraton hotel and I have a seat on the 9:55am to ABZ.  With luck I will see Aberdeen tomorrow evening, but I will miss the morning meeting(s)". Mjh


"Hey pop - made it into Aberdeen Monday at about 1pm, and now eating breakfast on the way to work Tuesday. Considering extending my stay but not sure yet, call you soon!" Mjh

Such is our modern world



No comments: