Dogsledding
Rob and Hong spent four days at Ogopogo Lodge at Minden during the holidays and obviously had a great time. In addition to skating and dogsledding they went ice fishing. They filleted one of the fish and put it outside to freeze.
Just as a matter of record I am entering this article while a wild storm is blowing snow into drifts. There is not as much snow as we have seen in the past, but the temperature is frigid. I had the block heater going in the tractor and I went out thinking I would blow the 20" of snow out of the parking area, but by the time I reached the barn I thought better of it. With the temperature going down to -25C tonight it is no time to have a tractor breakdown or some other difficulty.
Just as a matter of record I am entering this article while a wild storm is blowing snow into drifts. There is not as much snow as we have seen in the past, but the temperature is frigid. I had the block heater going in the tractor and I went out thinking I would blow the 20" of snow out of the parking area, but by the time I reached the barn I thought better of it. With the temperature going down to -25C tonight it is no time to have a tractor breakdown or some other difficulty.
![]() |
| Obviously these dogs are very social beings (click to enlarge) |
![]() |
| Mush! |
Winter on the Great Lakes
We were in Goderich for a yacht club party on Saturday. Our hosts Rob and Dale live on the Maitland in Benmiller. We stayed over at the Benmiller Inn. On the way home we dropped by the harbour to see how the ice cover was progressing. Here are are few pictures from the weekend. I put some text on the harbour picture to explain a bit about it.
| Yacht club mates |
![]() |
| This is the spillway from the millpond which used to power the woollen mill which is now part of the Benmiller Inn and just out of sight |






1 comment:
Glad that you had such a wonderful time. In last winters, I took my family for an event to Atlanta. We all celebrated there at venues in Atlanta. It was truly a great fun and we made everlasting memories there. Really happy that we all went there.
Post a Comment