About Us

My photo
Click on picture to see our other blogs

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Calgary, June 2012

I didn't take any pictures, but I made a trip to Calgary in June to visit Mike.  Travel to Calgary is convenient because Mary just takes me to London airport and after a 4 hour flight Mike picked me up at Calgary airport.  I took the 8pm flight out on Wednesday and with the time difference Mike picked me up at 10pm.  I took the redeye back leaving at 12:15am Monday morning and arriving London at 6:05am.  The flight takes roughly four hours and you gain two hours coming east so it works out nicely, especially when M picked me up and all I take is hand luggage.

We had a great visit, exploring much of the city that I hadn't seen before.  Calgary is a great city.  Mike showed me many of the old neighbourhoods which are beautiful and fit into the rolling nature of the city.  Most people would never guess that Calgary has a huge natural prairie park in the north part of the city.  It covers at least twenty square kilometres if not more and affords a wonderful view of the downtown.  We walked about five miles across it.  Whew!

 

No comments: