About Us

My photo
Click on picture to see our other blogs

Friday, December 02, 2011

Turning 70



My God, I look awful.

Yesterday was a good day.  I have rounded the seven decade turn and headed down the stretch.  Everyone has been great about passing on greetings.  On Saturday we had Bill and Sharon over and today we had a small lunch with MJ, Brian, Wayne and Meg to celebrate.  Bill and Wayne are my oldest friends and are very important to me.     I have known these two for well over 55 years and their friendship  means a great deal to me.  My father's sister Lorna was also born on the same day as myself and she turned 99 yesterday.  I remarked to her that she was only 29 when I was born.  Hard to believe now.  I have a lot to live up to as dad lived to 96 and mom to 94.

1 comment:

ButterflyEffect said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday!! Looks like you were spoiled with that beautiful cake, deservedly so. :) Lots of love to you from the four of us xoxo