Earlier this year I succumbed to my friend Bill Holme's who has a Triumph TR3. He introduced me to his little green LBC (Little British Car) and I was hooked. Bad enough that he convinced me to build a Nutshell Dinghy last winter (see WORKSHOP portion of the blog) but now he was really talking money. I tried to talk him into selling me his TR3 but no luck. Well I spent the next three months researching and looking for a LBC. After seeing many very average and very overpriced MGB's I happened upon the perfect little 1975 MG Midget. You can take the word Midget quite literally. Although it is very comfortable once you are in; it can be a bear to get out of. This little baby is very original even having the original dealer sticker on the trunk and some small dents in the front wings (that's fender to you) that previous owners didn't have the heart to take out. I have attached a photo.
Interestingly one of the sellers that I had exchanged emails with about MGB's sent me an update in October indicating that he had lowered the price on his car from $5,000 to $2,000. I had not looked at this car originally because it had not been driven in 15 years and was in some state of disassembly. However it peaked my interest and because it was in Kincardine (not far from Goderich) I decided to have a look while we were in Goderich. To make a long story short I bought the car, (and my 06/07 winter project) and many new parts for $1550.00. I will be doing postings in the WORKSHOP section where you can also retreive the URL (web address) for an ongoing saga and pictures as she is torn down, repaired and reassembled.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment